Thursday, August 6, 2009

Should I stay or should I go??

A few items arrived on Wednesday courtesy of the UPS truck.

GAP: 2 pocket leather jacket, Authentic Fit Rinsed Selvage 1969 Jeans

Banana Rep: Slim Fit Chinos

The 2 pocket black leather jacket didn't totally disappoint, but it didn't wow me either. The banded cuffs and waist were made of acrylic, so I could see that material pilling up and looking cheap. The leather quality was about what I'd expect from Gap. Going back.

The BR slim fit chinos were as expected, as I had seen them in-store. They were a bit too slim in the thigh and I'm not looking for a khaki that restricts my movement. Think I'll stay with a more traditional straight cut. Going back.

The 1969 Selvage jeans were the stars of the bunch. Nice shade of one-rinse blue, hidden rivets, no nonsense pair of jeans. Pretty happy with this new 1969 relauch at this price. Keepers. Gonna be key for Fall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Gap leather jacket reminded me of Banana Republic's Leather Bomber jacket from Winter 2008(orig 400 which eventually went on sale for $90...I got every last one I found as a part of christmas shopping :-))
http://bit.ly/5HoqF

For 350 bucks the Gap jacket with acrylic cuff's is definitely not a keeper