Thursday, February 3, 2011

Foul Weather Friends

As it goes, I went on a bit of tear during the last few months. Shoe wise, that is.

I had fulfilled my denim quotient, so what better to finish off the outfit than a sturdy pair of shoes. A&A (Alden and Allen Edmonds), as I call them, reached deep into my wallet, and pschye, and showed me how the big boys do it. Appropriate though, as my years move on and I need something better to support this frame other than a pair of disposable made-in-china, glued together leather shoes. This all sounds familiar to me. I think we've been through this before.

So what happens when you line your closet with the best shoes money can buy (debatable, I assume) and then old man winter throws at you the best he's got. Well, a man has got to fight back appropriately.

Thus, I give you, my shoe MVP for this winter.

Courtesy of Rockport. Bought in 2008.

Here's what its got:
-Waterproof
-Super soft nubuck leather
-Versatile light brown color
-Split toe styling
-Rubber bottom for sturdy winter wear
-Comfortable as hell.

Thanks Rocky, for taking the beatings this year while the A&A fellas wait patiently in the closet for a sunny day.

Yeah, I know, fair weather friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look sort of like Indy boots. I own some Rockport sneakers which are exceptionally comfy but no longer stylish, at least in certain circles. Rarely wear them though.