Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lighten Up!

The thermometer here in NYC is in the 90 degree range this week. Sticky.

Perfect time to give the chunky, heavy Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean a rest and take out her older cousin.

I lifted this vintage automatic 1965/66 Omega Seamaster from a gentleman in Toronto a few years back. I took the black strap off of it and replaced it with this honey colored number.
At just 33mm, this watch is dwarfed by today's standard mega-watches. And how about that, no diamonds, no chronograph, and no tachymeter !

Less is more my friends.

The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours-
Charles Babbage

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet watch. I always like clean faces, never been a fan of chronometers. Too much clutter. I'm not landing on the moon or battling giant sea squids, so I don't need all the timers and doohickies.

Andrew said...

I love it.

JB said...

Thanks guys.

jcrew guy in Canada said...

Very nice; reminds me of the new Timex that J.Crew is showing. Not that a Timex is an Omega.