Friday, June 18, 2010

Sign of the times

This past week I had my daughter's ballet recital and graduation from pre-k.

For both events I wore a jacket, tie, and proper trousers. Both pretty special events, in my eyes.

I guess not for everyone though.

Here's what I took note of : Grown men in cargo shorts and graphic tees. Flip flops. Ripped jeans. Baseball hats. Mothers dressed like 14 year old girls. Everyone pretty much dressed like they just got off the couch. The only people I saw dressed appropriately were the few senior citizens.

Really, what has our society become when grown men can't even dress themselves in a civilized, presentable manner? It's an epidemic!


Maybe it's just me, I don't know.

4 comments:

Jeff Sipper said...

It's not you. Try working in the surf industry. Anytime I wear a shirt with buttons on it, I get crap for it. Not "bro" enough. It's damn sad!

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to contact you, chum. I'm a tad late but I sure you'll love this.

www.roydenim.com

his denim is amazing!

By the way I get so many head turns on my style. I'm using classic staples a lot more like...

Converse
Jean Jacket
Classic Style Ray Bans
Plaid Long Sleeve

I'm mixing it with a little street culture. Which gives off a classic/I'm not trying too hard look. I took a picture with the Clipse a month or two ago. Saw it posted on a blog of a few people trying to mock my style.

I'm flattered. LOL

tm said...

I work in a building that also houses a radio station, and I constantly see dudes wearing gross flip flops and ed hardy tees, and ladies in PINK sweatpants. ugh.

Anonymous said...

I figured you'd ask that. lol I was going to purchase a pair on my birthday June 25th. Roy decided to take some time off for a tad... just my luck.

However, he'll open up again soon. Here's some pics from Superfuture. Some of them got a pair before he took a break. Start from page one :-)

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=202857&page=3