Thursday, August 26, 2010

Phone Geek

If someone would have asked me 5 years ago what I'd blog about, if I ever did blog, without a doubt my answer would have been cell phones.

From 96-2005 I was the ultimate cell phone geek. I literally used to change my phone every 2-3 months. I was on HowardForums.com non stop. Friends of friends of friends would call me for buying advice. Somehow, I knew every model on every carrier, every plan, and every coverage map. For many years I had both a NYNEX, make that Bell Atlantic, make that Verizon line , AND a VoiceStream, make that T-Mobile line cuz I couldn't make up my mind which I liked better.

My phone loving days waned when I picked up my first Blackberry. Finally, I had found a device that satisfied me in every way (get your head outta the gutter!). I did go back and forth between T-Mo and Verizon twice, but I stayed with the Blackberry. Till today.

I had been totally out of the loop with the smart phone craze outside of Blackberry devices. Even last year when a family member picked up the first Moto Droid, I was mildly interested.

Then over the past year my antennae went up, little by little. I finally had to go back and check out what all the fuss was about. I wasn't used to the position I was in...behind the times with technology and not sure where to even find the ON/OFF button. I eventually got my chops back and I became obsessed with the Google Droid devices. The HTC Droid Incredible and Motorola Droid X were the first to wow me. I'm not a iPhone dude so I really wasn't ready for the supreme capabilities.

I decided wait it out a bit and go with the Moto DROID 2 since I need the physical slide out keyboard as my security blanket. Been playing with it for the past 4 hours. Managed to toally tune out two kids screaming while watching Sponge Bob and a wife madly vacuuming.

My wife predicted I'd find something wrong with this and return it in a few days. Let's see.

For now, it's a fun new toy.

1 comment:

Mark said...

I like your post about the phone. Have you ever tried for your blog? If not, you must try for your blog.