Thursday, April 8, 2010

Breaks my Heart

I've been jonesing for a Levi's trucker denim jacket for a while now. I had one in high school, '88, I think it was. Damn, time flies.

Bought one a few months ago, took it back. Blah color. Bought the "one year" wash trucker jacket from the Levi's website last week. Going back. The color just isn't working. Not very authentic on the indigo shade. More like a blackish-blue.

Along with the order, I threw in two pair of 514s since they were on sale at a nice price. The jeans actually fit pretty good but the washes were just too affected for my taste.

But what really got to me was what I found on the inside tags of these items.

Trucker jacket: Made in China.
Levi's 514 jeans: Made in Cambodia.

The quintessential American clothing company.

Americana has now been outsourced to Cambodia.

I know, this is nothing new. But sometimes it just rips out my selvedge seamed heart.

No comments: