Sunday, October 24, 2010

Back to '94

I distinctly remember back in high school...after 1987 I could not, for the life of me, find a pair of kicks I liked. So I went without sneakers until 1994 when I finally found a pair of New Balance that I really digged. They were grey, blue, and white, with a touch of red. I have a picture of me proudly displaying them, but I can't find it (like everything else in my life).

I probably got rid of those babies in 95 or 96, but I never lost the desire to score another pair.

Well, who else but J. Crew would put forth some classic NB's, made in the USA, and make me sit up and take notice again?

Saw these in person tonight and must say they are truly instant classics. Both the green and the blue are sharp. Tried on the green and they seemed comfortable and supportive, which means the world to flat footed people like me.

As you probably know, everyone seems to talking about these out in the blogosphere.

Believe the hype.

No comments: