Thursday, October 15, 2009

Busted!

So the Wifey is not a J. Crew fan like I am. She kinda pays attention to my addiction, but not fully.

Last night she said to me, "You know, I was looking through the latest J. Crew catalog and on every page I either said to myself, you have that, or you would wear that, or you have something just like that."

D'oh !

I've been busted....Think fast.....

Now of course she sees the J. Crew packages dropped off by the UPS man, and my kids do know the driver by name now, but does she really know.....

Me: "Welllll, uhhhhhh, thats cuz J Crew is pretty constant in their stylings. So something I bought 3 years ago still looks new. J Crew just tweaks the colors and stylings a bit. That's the beauty of their classic clothes."

I almost convinced myself.

4 comments:

tm said...

ha! I think that's a pretty good attempt, though. Unless it's a cableknit sweater or a pair of cords, it's very hard for me to say "oh, I've had that..." heehee.

jcrew guy in Canada said...

I'm right there with you JB. I've taken to having my deliveries sent to work; only you and your co-workers will know.

Anonymous said...

LOL thats funny!
I think my Ups guy is fed up with my jcrew orders

JB said...

If I go down in a blaze of J Crew bags, you guys can have my stash!