Thursday, October 8, 2009

October Treats

I like what Patrick Robinson has been putting out for the GAP this year. Yeah, I know, its a mall brand, but if your budget is limited due to a mortgage, 2 car payments, 4 mouths to feed, and all the rest of that wonderful list, I think its a pretty solid choice for casual, as long as its done right.

Take for example, this khaki chambray shirt.


J Crew has done up some real tasty chambray this year with their blue and grey shirts, but something about this khaki chambray from Gap makes it my favorite right now. I actually like the fit of this one better than my J Crew chambrays. Really nice feel to the material and good attention to workwear details. A great deal, with last week's 30% off event.

I also picked up these Authentic fit Grey jeans. Already being a fan of the Authentic fit, I thought adding grey denim to my mix would be a nice touch.

I'm always afraid that grey denim is going to look too....I dont know.....WalMart-ish, or bland while trying to be hip...I don't know. But these actually have the perfect shade that I think I can pull off. Selvedge denim as well.

A co-worker of mine was doing a J Crew order last week, and asked if I was game. Now, how could I say no? Had my eye on this one for a while and decided to pull the trigger.

I've been loving this grey marled look from J Crew this year. I've bought it the Jaspe tee, a graphic tee, and now this fleece top. It's a good mid-weight piece, with a great casual feel. Basic, done right by J Crew. Fit could be a bit slimmer, but I'll keep it.

3 comments:

sarah b. said...

i agree completely about the gap. if you take the time to look, there are usually a few good, solid pieces. you're probably not going to find a showstopper, but they're good for simple basics, for sure. (i really like those grey jeans.)

jcrew guy in Canada said...

JB you're spot on about the Gap. I find the occassional piece there, but I find that the clothing from the Gap shrinks in odd ways.

I have the same J.Crew sweatshirt in blue, I had to size up as the medium was too snug, but the large was fine once I shrunk it.

Stephen said...

I like the GAP but I never fall for full-price. I keep my eye on them and have gotten great jackets (cord, puffy, baracuda) at 60% or more off using their coupons and sales. Other than a gym bag and a couple of military-style long-sleeve shirts I really don't get anything else there.