Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Selvedge Travels

Well, I got my Nudie Avg Joe Dry Heavy on Monday. Thanks Tobi! They pretty much look exactly like in the pic below. The blue is very deep and dark. What a great color. Wasn't sure how they would fit but the waist is TTS. With a little stretching, these will be perfect.

The denim is 14oz so its got some nice weight to it. From the feel of it these will break in nicely, as long as I can get some good wear time.

My APC's are starting to show some indigo loss in the wallet area and in some creases. I've been trying to wear these after work for a few hours every day just to show them some lovin.

I went over to Steven Alan in tribeca to try on the Simon Miller slim/straight Los Angeles cut denim. These have gotten a lot of good press lately. I ended up passing on them, mainly cuz the denim felt a bit thin and I didnt LOVE the fit. Pockets seemed weird in the back.

The LVC 1967 505s have caught my eye on the J Crew website.

There is no 34, but I've read that the cut is very slim, so maybe the 36 would work. I may give them a shot. I'd have to order them cuz the Liquor Store only had 1 pair, in a 31. Been meaning to get back into LVC ever since shrunk my 1947 LVC 501s waaaaaaaaaaay too much after mistakingly sending them thru a wash/dryer cycle.

And finally, the 3Sixteen Straight Leg Indigo babies seem like another pair of quality, real-deal blues. I know I'm late to the party on this one, but better late than never. Only problem is I can't find these suckers in my size! SelfEdge says not till March...

2 comments:

neakal said...

The LVC 505 1967 are Pre Shrunk and will strech a little to comfort level at waist, although it is slim fit. I wear 34"/32" so I order 34"/32". But currently Levis 505 (not lvc) are quite straight and little loose at waist. The color of lvc 505 1967 is quite dark blue. After simple soak a little shrinkage but after wearing for some time waist will streach back.

JB said...

Thanks Neaman. I ordered these but sent them back. The waist was pretty true to size, but the rise was too high (esp in the back) and the fit for me in the thighs was just odd. Didn't fall in love with them as I had hoped. After trying these and having the LVC 1947s, I'm much more a fan of the 47s.