Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hello 2010

Oh yes, it's been a while. Christmas, New Years, gone. And so seem to be my bank accounts.

I did some heavy spending since my last post about my APC's. Shortly after wearing them (and loving them) for some time I got the itch to try a pair of Nudies. Damn, these were hard to find. FINALLY scored the Average Joe in heavy dry.

Should be here in a few days. Looking forward to breaking these in. Hope the sizing works.

The APC's, bought in a size 33, have already stretched out to a 34.5/35 I'm guessing. I love the fit of these. The name New Standard says volumes.

Now, onto the feet. I have terribly flat feet. They ache like crazy sometimes during the day and when I first get up in the morning. Of course, I use this to my advantage and buy new shoes as often as possible.

This time I decided it was finally time to step up the quality. The Alden long wings I really want are just too much (over 5 bills!) so I went for what seems to be a good alternative: the Florsheim Imperial Kenmoor long wing. Just over 2 bills. Damn solid shoe. Bought two colors: cognac and wine. Gonna take some breaking in but its gonna be worth it.



Other good news: J Crew will be rolling out their S/S 2010 in the coming weeks and I usually taper off my J Crew purchases right about now. I'm not a big spring/summer buyer. No interest in ugly shorts or short sleeve button downs. This is great timing, as my J Crew card needs some rest.

So that's what I've gained recently. Along with 3 lbs over the holidays.

What I lost: my favorite gloves, my sennheiser earphones, and something else that I was really pizzed off about, but now escapes me. Guess that means I'm losing my mind now too.

All the best to you in 2010.

JB

No comments: