Saturday, February 6, 2010

Haunted Heels

Have to admit, the recent J. Crew collaborations have been pretty impressive. Over the past year I picked up the Timex watch, Sperry shoes, RayBan shades, etc.

And now, now they come at me where I'm at my weakest.

I actually got to see and hold these in person at the Liquor Store a few weeks back and they've been haunting me ever since. (They also come in a dark brown.)

What a feeling, holding a pair of super high quality men's shoes (made in the USA!) that literally last their proud owners 10-15 years. This ain't your Made in China, glued together, toss away next year shoes that you won't remember 2 years from now.

How long can I hold out? I'm wearing thin....

3 comments:

Stephen said...

I took the plunge as soon as they came back up on the JCrew website. They should be here any day now and I can't wait! 8^)

JB said...

Nice! What color did you get? Let me know when you get them. I read somewhere that they run a bit big.

Stephen said...

You heard right, they do run big. And a bit darker than the website picture. I typically like to go a half size larger and ordered the 10.5 but they almost seemed like a whole size too big. (I bought the cheapest JCrew brown wingtips in a 10.5 and they fit fine.) Returned them to the retail store and am now debating whether I should reorder a size 10. I do love them though. They are good-looking shoes!