Thursday, May 6, 2010

Serious Equipment

Thanks to a great tip from the good folks over at United Style I decided to take a look at some aviators by Randolph Engineering.

I remember hearing about RE in the past, but their name fell off my radar.

I wasn't comfortable with the size of the Ray Ban Aviators (seemed too big on my face) so I was eager to give these a try. While the size fit my face better (a bit smaller) other details of the glasses are what really sold me.

Check it out:

1. Made in the USA
2. 23k gold plated frames.
3. Supplier to the US Military since 1982.
4. Comes packages with "Serious Equipment" Kit that includes spare nose pads, screws, screw driver key chain and cleaning cloth.
5. Solder joints guaranteed FOR LIFE

These are just some of the quality details I found impressive.

When hunting around for these I found them offered by many pilot supply shops. These are not fashion accessories. These are "Serious Equipment", as the company calls them.

If you're in the market for a classic pair of Aviators, I'd highly suggest a look at these. What's best, they cost less than many of the sunglasses you'll find out there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice JB. I just like that they offer a bit of customization with lens types, finishes and sizes over the Ray Bans.

Stephen said...

l love my RE Aviator. They offer many customizations and the price is great. When I saw Don Draper wearing them in a couple of episodes I knew I had to have a pair! 8^)