Wednesday, January 5, 2011

That's all you got?

Hey friends. A very Happy New Year to you all.

Back in my college days, the hip hop album of choice was usually Dr. Dre or Snoop Dog's 1st collection.

Let's not even get into what became of Snoop. Dre, on the other hand, I always held out hope for.

Dunno if you heard it yet, but Dre is back with a new CD. First single is called Kush. Not being down with the lingo, I watched the video and only then learned that the song is all about weed.

I sat there and watched the video and I all could think about was "after all these years, the best you can do is write another damn song about smoking weed?" Disappointing. Really disappointing.

If this decade's creativity is making new songs about smoking weed I'll stick to some Teddy Pendergrass circa 1978.

No comments: