Tuesday, May 12, 2009

2 Weeks to Body & Soul

I can't think of a better way to open this blog than to proclaim my excitement for the upcoming Body & Soul on May24th. For those who don't know, B&S was a Sunday evening NYC institution in the late 90's and early 2000s for house heads, DJs, and music lovers. DJ's Francois K, Danny Krivit and Joe Claussell drew sell out crowds from across the globe every week. Sadly, the weekly event ended in 2002, but thank God promoter John Davis recreates the magic a few times a year here in the US, and around the globe.

On May 24th the magic returns and I intend to get my fix, standing near those speakers until Joe Claussell makes my ears bleed! The party takes place at Webster Hall in NYC. Granted, its no Club Vinyl, but I guess you can't win them all.

As the old man at Home Depot said to me this weekend while arguing with his wife in line "Ya win some, ya lose some, and some get rained out"

I don't indulge in the vinyl anymore, but I did buy 10 tracks from Traxsource this week to get my mind back in the right space. The new stuff by Lil Louis is classic. Why doesn't this guy put out more music??? Anyway, even after being away from this sound for a while, it still hits exactly in that perfect spot.

As JD used to say SYOTDF: See You On the Dance Floor !

No comments: