Wednesday, May 13, 2009

J. Crew Men's Shop


Like everyone else in NYC, it seems, I wandered over to the new J. Crew men's shop on B-way in SOHO yesterday. Must say, I was very impressed. Great space, perfectly done. Great mix of J Crew classics and some interesting vintage items. (I even noticed a collection of vintage pencil sharpeners as I left. My father still has one of these screwed into the wall in his garage. Maybe I should grab that next time I'm there...) The Alden shoes were my faves. At $400 I won't be sporting these anytime soon, but man were they on-point.

I've been more and more impressed with J Crew the past few years. Their men's wear line has really evolved into a quality, affordable choice. I love the fact that its built around traditional classics, with a slightly modern flair. As a father of two kiddies who doesn't have much time (and $$$) to shop properly , I've found J Crew to be a reliable choice (and an addictive one at that, especially their selvedge denim, thus the name of this blog!). Their tailored line has really elevated the brand, though I've yet to go for a full suit.

To me, this is a clear visible sign of J Crew's move from just another mall brand to something more refined.

Today, I'm sporting the J Crew/Sperry collaborated Chukka boots. Two years ago I would have never considered going with a brand like Sperry, but J Crew did these right. I'm really diggin' these.

Check out A Continuous Lean for great shots of the J. Crew Men's Wear Shop, and other quality topics!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've certainly made me a JC fan after working with you for a few years... :-P