Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Exciting News!! Premium Vodka!


Happy belated Memorial Day. Oh yeah, that was a weekend. A 3 dayer indeed. And not having to travel made it seem so much longer.

My entry Friday about the explosion of vodkas and my love for T&T's was so timely. Saturday night I went out to eat with the family at an Italian place that has a really nice bar in the front of the house. The waiter, after introducing himself, asks if we'd like to try a new PREMIUM VODKA that they have. He goes on to describe how it is triple distilled and diamond filtered and this and that. Then he points out the bottle. It's in the shape of a skull with a florescent light on top! I almost thought it was a joke. I couldn't help but laugh in the guy's face. A god damn skull head bottle. What the hell is this world coming to? Just what we need, more ridiculous vodka in stupid packaging. No doubt someone will buy the stuff.

So to counteract this, I made sure to have at least three T&T's a day over the long weekend. Perfect way to start the summer.

Body & Soul Sunday night was good for me, though not great. The place was full, but not packed. Best part of the night was seeing so many old friends. It was good to hear Joe, Danny and FK together again, but its just not the same when the party is outside of Club Vinyl (RIP). Just as I was getting ready to leave, without hitting that high note, Danny played "Shout-n-Out" by LOOD (Donnell Rush and MAW) at midnight and Joe followed that with Sounds of Blackness "The Pressure". Those two records easily make it into my 1st string list. The Pressure was one of the first 12" singles I bought back in '91 when I first started buying records seriously. Anyway, the saying is "You can never go home again". Maybe so, but man, I miss those Body & Soul days.

On Monday M1 and M2 got to see a Memorial Day parade in town. They seemed to love it. Clowns, elephants, bands, fire trucks.

Oh yeah, was able to cross many things off my list too....

No comments: