Saturday, May 30, 2009

Aldridge


Special thanks to Paul V. over at J. Crew personal shoppers for hooking me up with the Aldridge 3 button suit. The fit is so wonderfully modern. When I put the suit on, it doesn't feel like I'm wearing my great-uncle's suit that I'm hoping no one will notice. The sale price of 60% off didn't hurt either!

The Jacket is cut slim enough so that if I want to wear it as a separate, it looks perfect.

This is my first time buying J. Crew suiting. If it wears well, I think I'll be back for more.

7 comments:

Branding Is Blather said...

Very interesting - I've never considered buying a suit from J. Crew, mostly because I didn't know they were offered. Do you know how long they've been carrying this particular model?

JB said...

I think this suit was introduced in 2008. The 2009 model looks even nicer, with Loro Piana supplying the wool. I would recommend a try!

~JB

Alexis {J.Crew Aficionada} said...

The suit looks amazing. Congrats on your purchase!!! :)

Pakcola said...

How did you get such a great deal for it? Was in instore only?

JB said...

I got the suit on-line. It was marked down, and then there was an additional 20% off...Good deal, eh?

~JB

Pakcola said...

Another question, what are your thoughts on the pants? Classic or Regular fit?

JB said...

I went for the classic fit, on the advice of the J Crew personal shopper. His point was the classic fit is more tailored and modern, and the regular fit pants, if worn on their own, might beg the question "Where's the suit jacket".

I'm pretty happy with the classic fit. The tailored fit looks good, even if it will force me to be honest in my diet!