Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Cape Cod Never Tasted So Good

This past weekend I'm watching this commercial on TV for Samuel Adams beer, and it looked so damn good. Hadn't had a Sam in years, but man, this commercial made me want to go buy a whole keg.

The next day I'm at my neighbor's and he brings out this jug and asks if I want a beer. I'm thinking, huh?

What he had is some un-pasturized beer from a small brewery in Cape Cod. The un-pasturized part is important for two reasons: 1. You MUST drink the entire jug with 12 hours of opening it, and 2. They don't ship the stuff. Shame, cuz this was some of the best micro brew I've ever had.

They brew 2 main varieties: Red and IPA. (There are also 4 seasonal offerings that look great as well.). I had the Red, and it would have been no issue for me to put down that whole jug.

Maybe a fall trip to Cape Cod is in order.

Start planning your trip here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't stand the taste of beer--Eeeww...yuck!! But I am a sucker for attractive branding. And I'm diggin the almost "home made" look of this produt--the jug itself put this beer over the top (in a good way).

So even though I KNOW what I'd be in for (Eeeww....yuck!!), I still would definitely hold my mug out for a taste!

Anonymous said...

Sounds good. I never tried unpasteurized beer before..gotta find it