Monday, September 28, 2009

Flannel

Gotta admit, I passed the new J Crew flannel shirts many times in-store without giving a second look. Never been a huge fan of flannel.

However, when the new J Crew Oct 2009 men's catalog showed the real-life artists wearing these, I saw them in a whole new light. I especially liked how they paired the blue flannel with the black Langham jacket.

So I decided to give a try-on, not expecting to be impressed.

Impressed, I was. Very much so, indeed. The fit is what especially got me. These shirts have the slim fit of the J Crew favorite shirts. If I'm going to do flannel, why not do it with J Crew.

The fit was so nicey, I had to do it twicey. Picked up both the Youngstown flannel ( A StyleForum favorite) and the Sodus Bay flannel.



This week here in NY is supposed to be cool, in the 60s. Perfect weather.

3 comments:

jcrew guy in Canada said...

Great choice, I have the Youngstown one myself. J.Crew has some of the best fits in shirts and sweaters.

I just received a down vest in dark green from them today along with a pair of cords in camel. Both the vest and pants fit great.

The pants are in the classic cut and slim fitting without being tight or snug.

Loving J.Crew this fall.

Unknown said...

I love the 2nd one. I am thinking of buying it for my husband. The green is so lively.

JB said...

Yeah, the green is so nice for fall. Makes it hard to buy just one!