Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Helen Folasade Adu

Maybe its because after almost 9 years, I got tired of constantly scouring the web for (no) updates.
Maybe its because she is so private, that getting any information is like finding the secret formula for Coke.

Whatever the reason, I'll admit I was a little late in discovering this wonderful news: Sade is in the studio and planning a new CD for release, possibly by the end of this year, according to some internet reports. (Nov 24th is the internet rumor date, though not confirmed by Sony Music)

Sade is, without a doubt, my absolute favorite. And its tough to love this woman so much, as she doesn't give her fans much material. For example, her last two releases were in 1992 and 2000. 17 years and 2 albums! Now that's hardly a lot of material to live on for an ardent fan. So any news about her preparing for a new release is quite welcomed.

Hard to believe she is 50 now. Whatever her age, I'll continue to adore her and wait for new music. I loved the track below so much that I used it for background music on my wedding video. This is the live version from her 2001 Tour.



There is no other, by any comparison.

No comments: