Thursday, July 8, 2010

Let-down

Here is a letter I just emailed off to my friends at J. Crew (including Jack!)

Hello,

I've been a faithful fan of J. Crew denim for many years now. A big selling point for me was that the jeans were made in Canada. It's not the USA like a denim die-hard loves, but close enough.

Yesterday I received my order of the new Vintage Slim Fit in Dark Worn Wash (Fall 2010 collection). I was extremely disappointed to find the jeans are now made in China. Even worse, when I tried on the jeans they seemed a bit short. I got out the measuring tape and found that the 30" length was actually not even 29.5" ! This makes a difference. I hope this is not a sign to come from your new supplier.

I'm aware that in 2010 the "made in China" label doesn't automatically signify an inferior product, but still...

I know the majority of J. Crew clothes are made in China these days, and all it comes down to dollars and cents, but I have to tell you, this is a big let-down for me.

Disappointed,

JB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bummer. Never actually bought J. Crew denim as I never really liked the washes, but the quality seemed ok.