Saturday, July 17, 2010

Made in the USA, make that Canada, make that China

Just came across a pair of J. Crew jeans I had from Fall 2004.

Guess what I found inside? A tag that reads "Made in the USA". I don't remember the jeans being made in USA, but whaddya know!

I distinctly remember buying these jeans. Paid full retail of $69.50, which I thought was crazy at the time.

So, lemme get this straight...Since then, J. Crew jeans production has shifted from the USA to Canada to China. And the price has gone up almost 50%.

Hmmmm, sketchy, eh???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Read "Deluxe: How Luxury Lost Its Luster" and you'll understand partially why.

http://www.amazon.com/Deluxe-How-Luxury-Lost-Luster/dp/1594201293

Jason said...

first off, just found your blog and i love it. second, yeah i remember getting a nice pair of jeans from j. crew for about the price you said. went in last fall to grab another and was blown away by the price tag.