Friday, July 24, 2009

J Crew Fall '09

If you haven't seen/heard it elsewhere, the Fall '09 collection at J Crew is beginning to slide in. Yesterday, lots of goodies were added on-line, including the grey crinkle-wash jeans I've been eyeing since about a month ago.

Not wanting to wait for these bad boys to ship over the weekend, I tried to find them at a local store here in the NYC area. Tried my fave 5th Ave Store, but no luck. Tried Short Hills, NJ but no luck. I knew it would be difficult--both stores told me that these were just released so it would be about a week till the stores got them. So I called my trusty contact "PV" at J Crew to do a search for me. He came back with one....just one, in my size in whole area...at The Liquor Store.

Luckily, The Liquor Store is just a 3 stop subway ride away. I jetted up there during lunch and snagged them. There was maybe only 5-6 pairs total in the store, so I was pretty damn lucky. The sales associate said to me, "we just got these in last night....No one else in the country has them yet...you are the first person to buy them. So go out and walk around in your new EXCLUSIVE jeans".

Anyway, the guys at the Liquor Store told me they got 100 boxes of fall stock just this week. I was pretty impressed with the selection. Check it out if you are in the area.


On the way home, I decided to stop by the J Crew men's shop in the Garden State Plaza in Paramus, NJ. To be truthful, I was more impressed with this shop than the Liquor Store. They had tons and tons of new Fall stuff. The store looked superb. Great job by the visual team. Saw many things on the floor that were listed on-line as "catalog/JCrew.com only". I picked up the Chino Workshirt in white. The Charcoal Heather Poplin Utility shirt was also quite nice, but I held off.

It's gonna be a good end to summer.

No comments: