Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mont Royal

See that skyline above? That's Montreal, my fave city in the world (outside of NYC, of course). It's where I have my best memories as a young dude (18-25) as well as where my beautiful wife is from, just by coincidence.

I'm in Montreal now for a few days. The European feel, the great diversity of cultures, the sense of fashion, the wonderful array of foods...It's a top notch city.

If you dig shoes, you'll go broke here.
If you dig bagels, you've never had a bagel like they make at St Viateur bagels. It's world famous.

I'm headed to old Montreal right now. Get a load of this:



Enjoy your weekend. See you on Saint Catherine Street.

~JB

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that image actually looks like Europe.

My girl friend is a French Canadian who's lived in Montreal--she doesn't let me forget about it either, lol! Except for the weather, nothing else here (San Fracisco/Bay Area, California) seems to be as good as it is "back home".

Her parents are coming down to the Bay Area this year. I'm considering taking a trip up next year though; I need to get away. Plus, I'm sure that my girl friend would appreciate the trip. Only time will tell if I'll be able to afford it, however!

By the way, if you're curious, I stumbled onto your blog from a Style Forum thread...good work!

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

Oh WOW...absolutely amazing! I hope you have a wonderful time! :)

JB said...

Sure did FFM...but no J Crew up there!