Wednesday, March 24, 2010

3Sixteen



Seems like most folks who are part time bloggers often have lapses in postings, which they attribute to other demands from their real world jobs. Yes, I must confess that this is my cop-out as well for the last few weeks. Work, that glorious 4 letter word that pays my bills, has indeed had me by the balls the past few weeks.

I have been waiting patiently for Self Edge NY to restock their 3Sixteen SL 100x jeans. I first began to lust after these babies back in late Dec '09, but I was told back then it would be a few months before a restock was coming.

Man, what a cold, long, dark, dreary winter its been.

Yesterday, the skies parted, the sun shone down on NYC, and I got a call from the super nice guys at SENY that 316's were back.

I took a late lunch at work, jumped on the putrid J/M/Z subway line to the Lower East Side and found the spot on Orchard Street. I had forgotten all the character this neighborhood had. Hadn't been there in probably 20 years since I used to go with my father, looking for leather jackets.

I met Alan, who was very helpful, taking the 316's right out of the FedEx Box for my trying-on pleasure.

Oh boy, these are as nice as you've heard. Beautiful indigo shades, 14oz selvage denim, solid construction (made in Los Angeles, USA), plain back pockets. Shimon from 316 was at the shop, and he showed me his pair, beautifully faded after 6 months of wear.

The selection of denim was almost too much for me to take in. Never felt 21oz denim in my hand before. Damn, that's something every denim head should feel. The selection of shirts was also incredible. Sorry I don't have pix....had to run back to WORK!.

5 inches off the bottom and I was out the door of fantasy land, back to work. What a trip.

Time to clean my closet and put some denim on Ebay.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's what I've been hunting down. I'm going for O.G. canvas denim, baby bwoy.

Raleigh Denim: Clay Canvas Selvage Warren Jean

I'm doing research on them still to locate a pair.

neakal said...

You got the GOLD :) , Congratulations. I also want to have feeling of 21 oz Selvage Denim, Looking for IRON Heart at Selfedge. But will wait for result from your recent acquisitions, will you post some more pic after wearing and washing?

JB said...

Thanks Neakal. I will be posting pix as they get some wear after a few months.

Be on the lookout next week for some wear pix on my APCs and Nudies.
~JB