Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Things I Miss

Sometimes I look in the mirror, spot my gray hairs, and my age hits me in the face. OK, so I haven't yet reached 40 but still....I think of things and say "damn, that was 15, 20, 25 years ago"

One of the things that randomly popped into my mind this week was Pine Bros cherry cough drops.

Cough drops? Who were they kidding? This was straight up chewy candy disguised as something to help your throat. Thinking back, this must have been 1980-ish.

There was one corner store near my grandparents house that me and my brother would always hit up for the Pine Bros. 3 or 4 packs at a time. Popped em like candy. They had this very unique cherry taste. Stuck in your teeth nicely too. Sadly, these are no longer around.

Closest thing I found today are Ricola fresh chewy breath mints. No cherry flavor though.

Interesting tid bit: The side of the box reads "May have a mild laxative effect if consumed in large quantities."
Pop at your own risk.

No comments: