Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ring the Alarm



Went to go see the Fireman's jacket today at 484 Bway. I'd call it a mid weight cotton. Color was an appropriate muted dark navy/black. Fit was perfect for my tastes. Not overly slim, but a nice trim fit. Instantly attractive.

I like the idea of the fireman style buckles/clasps in front, although they seemed a bit thin. Would have prefered some heavier hardware. Nice stand up collar with a corduroy backing.

$268 is probably a bit steep. A 20% off sale with a rewards card should get it to a sweet spot. Too cold anyway in NYC for this weight jacket right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for this to come out since I saw the preview pics a few months ago. Is it exclusive to 484 or can us non-New Yorkers find it in our local J. Crew?

JB said...

I've been told the nation-wide release is mid April. For now, seems just 484Bway and the Liquor Store has this.