Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Flesh is Weak

Indeed, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. True 2000 years ago and true today.

Tried so hard to hold out on the LVC 1947 501s, but last week I gave in. So good to have them back, even though the wallet is crying and my closet is saying "WTF do you need another pair of jeans for???"

Is there rehab for denim heads? But for real, if you are a denim freak, you know you have to have the 47s in your collection. 'Nuff said on that.

Stopped by J Crew yesterday to check out the nail head oxford utility shirt. Passed this one over the past few times but it had stared to grow on me. Tried it on and fell it love instantly. I can see myself getting tons of use out of this piece. The fit seems to be slimmer than the rest of the utility shirts. Cotton is very thick. Seems very well made.

While there I stopped to chat with a SA I've gotten to know. The dude was wearing 3Sixteen SL 100X jeans! I was pretty floored. I've been jonesing for these since December but I've not been able to find my size. Even better than that, the dude is an intern at 3Sixteen. SelfEdge says they have a new shipment coming in next week, so I'll be up there checking these out in person.

Let's say I do decide to spring on the 3Sixteens? I think I've overloaded. APC, Nudie, LVC 47s, and 3Sixteen all in competition for break-in time. This is gonna be tough...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness. It does seem that you have a wandering denim eye. It's like your the Don Draper of denim.

I think you my have run into Shimon at J. Crew (was it an Asian guy?). He used to run shimonfc.blogspot.com, but it went down 2-3 weeks ago. He works sales at J. Crew and interns at 3sixteen. I think some of his in-depth opinions of J. Crew may have caught some unwanted attention from the executive suite.

Anonymous said...

I have a standard pair of 40dollar 501's that I play with. I actually break my jeans in the old fashion way by never bring them in contact with water... ever. I do everything in them, I even sleep in them on my lazy days. I also have a pair of J. Crew selvedge 501's also. I don't wear them as much due to my love for my standard pair. However, once I get a pair of the high anticipating arrival of the clark weaver to the USA. I think the J. Crew will be glued to my bum. I actually like the J. Crew 501's more but I honestly like to break one pair of jeans in at a time.

BBM me sometime, chum... we can exchange new finds from J. Crew 30AEA37A