Saturday, November 20, 2010

New for the Crew

I received the latest issue of the The Thread from J. Crew this week. The newsletter is essentially a big promotional flyer, but I found some good gems hidden inside.

1. Spring/Summer collection will include the New Balance 1400 sneakers in new exclusive colors. I emailed the folks at the Crew, but no word on the actual colors. I was told to keep an eye out for these new releases in the January/February 2011 catalogs.

2. A picture of the men's offerings for S/S 2011 showed a selection of men's glasses. The frames, to my eyes, looked like Moscot frames. A collaboration between Moscot and the Crew would be quite interesting. I myself have two pair of Moscot originals so I look forward to seeing if J. Crew offers the standard Moscot fare, or if exclusive collaborative pieces make their way to us. (I emailed the Crew to see if my eyes are right.)

3. 2011 will bring the first J. Crew store in Canada. Lucky for you Toronto. No details were available. Hopefully they add a Montreal location next for my good friends in Quebec.

No comments: