Monday, August 17, 2009

1969 Revisted

Been on vacation, so haven't been around much to add content here.

I visited the Gap flagship at 34th and Bway in NYC today. The denim options for men were dizzying. Looked like a lot of stock had come in since I was last there 2 weeks ago. I was hoping to try on a whole bunch and give some detailed impressions here but my 2 kids (ages 3 & 4) weren't long on patience today.

There was lots of rigid selvage in the house: skinny, straight, and authentic. I tried on the Straight and Authentic and loved them both. Purchased the Authentic in Rigid Selvage. Quite nice for $68. They're replacing the rinsed selvage Authentic fits I bought on-line a few weeks back.

The Authetic fit with a little bit of abraison and one small hole at the knee were
my faves. Had to buy them. Guilty pleasure.

Have to say, I was much more impressed with the collection this time around then when I saw it debut on July 27th.

A lot of European tourists seem to be buying up the denim today. Just an observation.

No comments: