Friday, August 28, 2009

514X Imprint

As much as I have always been a fan of Levi's 501s, I am always a bit uncomfortable in them. Could be the high rise, or anti-fit seat. Or the fact that 34s are always a bit snug and 36s too big.

I've been meaning to check out the 514 "slim straight" line. I've never really seen a wash I could fall in love with so I always bypassed them.

Yesterday, though, in the NYC SoHo store I came across these new 514Xs called "Imprint".

The tag said: A breakthrough in denim, IMPRINT™ starts off dark indigo and lets you control the fading, wearing and distressing. We've used it for the 514™ Jean, our best-selling slim straight-leg. The more you wear it before the first wash, the more truthful the body imprint will be."

The tag actually showed pictures of what the denim should look like after 20 wears and after 60 wears. See here for the tag on the Levi's site.

The SA said the denim wasn't raw, but it should show wear similar to if it were. We'll see about that.

Anyway, I'm a sucker so I bought them.

I'll let you know how they come along.

3 comments:

jcrew guy in Canada said...

I'm actually a fan of 501s; but I am interested in the 514x you've written about. My last pair of 501 were as close to raw as I've had. So far they've been washed only a few times and still are dark.

JB said...

I'll see if I can get some good shots at the beginning and certain milestones and post them here.

Unknown said...

I had a pair of the 514X but cant find them anymore when I went to the Levi's store I was told that they were discontinued. They were absolutely my favorite pair of jeans.