Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Welcome, Christmas

Last weekend I stopped in Costco to buy some figs. If you're down with figs, Costco sells 24 for just $6.50. And they're a pretty nice size. Prolly like 2 golf balls. Man, they are the best figs I've tasted outside of Italy.

Anyway, after picking up the figs I was walking to the register and couldn't believe my eyes. The Christmas merchandise is starting to be rolled out. I was in shock. Here we are August 20th, and I'm looking at snowmen.

Moving on, yesterday I stopped by J. Crew to try on the new military inspired cargo pants. $79.50. Kinda steep for a starting price on cargos, if you ask me. The look of these is quite interesting, but at the end of the day they are still just cargos, no matter how much fancy wording J Crew can muster up.


I was pretty happy with the fit. They were close to the body without the sag that I usually find with cargos. I wasn't too impressed with the feel of the cotton. A bit thin. I'm a bigger fan of my J Crew Premium Officers Chinos. I might move on these if they come down under $40. But not until then.

No comments: