Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Back and Forth

Hey all. Haven't had much time to write lately. Been too busy checking my CC receipts, thinking ,WTF did I buy on THAT day?

Yeah, its been a busy 2 weeks. Here's a brief run down of what's been stealing my George Washingstons:

1. After many try-ons and thinking sessions, I went for the new Gap 1969 jeans in Authentic fit. The wash was a little more distressed than I prefer, but hey, at $38 after coupon, can you go wrong?

2. A new pair of loafers was in order. After buys&returns with Ralph Lauren driving mocs, and Banana Rep driving mocs, I went with a more classic look from Johnston & Murphy. Can't find a picture of these babies anywhere on-line though. They're a classic penny look, in a dark brown. More substantial than a driving moc, which seemed limited to just summer wear.

3. The J Crew chino Workshirt in white that I copped went back. Couldn't justify this one at full retail ($69).

4. The J Crew vintage slim jeans in grey resin crinkle wash that I obsessed over *almost* went back. Decided on keeping them though. Still in the closet with tags, so you never know....

5. I used my J Crew rewards card on the Whitman herringbone sportcoat. Man, this looked tasty on-line. In person, I didn't get that wow factor when I slipped it on. Without that, it's gotta go back. Rewards card on the prowl once again.


6. I couldn't find any of the Gap 1969 selvage versions in-store so I ordered on-line. Should be here tomorrow. I went for the dark rinse wash. If these live up to the hype, maybe the pair in #1 will go back.

7. On a last minute impulse buy, with a 30% off coupon in hand, I ordered this black leather jacket from Gap on line. I've been trying to figure out how to re-introduce a black leather jacket into my mix. Maybe this will be it? Sometimes Gap leather has surprised me. Wouldn't that be cool. Who knows though? Lots of variables need to come together: Fit, feel, weight, lining..... I'll know tomorrow.


8. Was lovin the J Crew 2 pocket poplin shirt in Charcoal. Wasn't lovin full retail $65 price. Noticed GAP had a very similar one for $44. Add to that 40% off coupon, and it becomes a very managable $26.

I believe that's all the damage.

Next post: Half way through the summer...what's emerged as my faves. Besides Gin.

No comments: