Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Summer Faves

I was out and about yesterday and saw a newsstand selling greeting cards. The Halloween stock was already in. Nothing like a dose of Halloween to remind you that the summer is starting to wind down. No kidding, I got a "Christmas 2009" catalog in the mail last week from some company (don't remember who).

I was already thinking about my fave purchases of the summer yesterday morning, so maybe the Halloween cards sighting was appropriate.

1. J Crew Jaspe tees: $32.50, but worth it. V neck, nicely textured, good fit. Had to buy 2 colors.

2. Levi's Capital E straight jeans. Great fit and styling.

3. RayBan Caravans. Tried the classic aviator look, but that didn't work. These are totally comfortable on me. Reminiscent of DeNiro in Taxi Driver.


4. No-brand straw Fedora hat from a street vendor on 66th and B-way. The hat is great, but the salesman was even better.

5. J Crew Premium Officer Chinos: Easily my favorite khakis since my K-1's. Scored 'em on quite a sale too. So nice, I did it thrice.

6. Clarks Desert Boots in Cola Suede color. Had to order from the UK for this color but it was worth it.

What's your faves this summer?

No comments: