Monday, June 22, 2009

Old Tyme

Back in April, I broke down and bought J. Crew's collaborative effort with Timex. $150 was too much for a quartz Timex, I thought, but it immediately became a favorite in my watch collection, even pushing my Omegas to the pack of the drawer for a while.

This watch got me interested in an authentic vintage Timex. There's something about dressing up in a new suit, new shoes, new shirt, and a watch from 1955.

I've picked up 4 now from EBay. Here are two I bought this weekend from a guy in the UK.





Time ain't what it used to be.

2 comments:

OTC said...

Great watches. I also got the J.Crew Timex and like it too. But good vintage always wins over good faux-vintage.

Stephen said...

I love my JCrew vintage Timex. I've bought almost all the bands. There are other sites that sell similar bands. They're called NATO watch bands per a couple of different sites. Would love to get some more striped versions.