Friday, June 19, 2009

Drinks for Dad


I'm blessed enough to be celebrating my 5th Father's Day this weekend with M1 and M2, my wife, and my parents as well. Great day to be a Dad.

But why is that every media portrayal of father's day shows Dad longing to spend some time on the golf course, or hiking, or something like that, out away from the kids? First of all, I'm no golfer. Or hiker. Unless there's a J Crew at the top of the mountain. And why would I want to be away from the very reason I get to celebrate father's day in the first place? It's only right that I spend the day with M1 and M2, explaining to them the things only a father can. Like, why you never button the bottom button on your vest.

People are always hard pressed to find that perfect Father's Day gift. It's simple. A dad can't help but be extra-happy with a bottle of Scotch, Gin, or Bourbon. Wanna know why? Cuz it's probably not something the wife is gonna break into, and neither the kids. It's a special treat just for us.

Happ Father's Day. Drink up.

1 comment:

tm said...

We used to get my dad either a case of beer or a bottle of whiskey for father's day.

Cheers!