Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Overheard

I was on the subway this past week and there was a little boy, maybe 4 years old. For like 10 mins, he is going a mile a minute, asking his mother questions. His mother seemed on young side, maybe mid 20s. She was getting embarrassed a bit, as the train was pretty full and everyone was getting an earful. Me, I was loving this.

Now, New Yorkers are trying their best to ignore this, or at least seem like they are ignoring it. The boy starts asking his mother about school. He says "Mommy, I was still in your stomach when you were in school. Right? Right? Right Mommy, Right?"

The mother says, "Yes that's right."

The boy, without hesitating, says "Well, why you eat me up like that Mommy?"

At that point the mother, me, and everyone else who was pretending not to listen burst out in laughter.

Gotta give it to the kid.

No comments: