Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone...

I know that speaking about the weather is about the most thoughtless of conversations people can engage in, but I'd just like to thank Mother Nature for giving us a June that's been more like a monsoon month in India, than a summer month in NYC.

Those square aviators I wrote about a month back have been sitting nicely in their case, not blocking any rays. Once the sun comes out in September, they should be in great shape.

A few J. Crew tidbits to mention:

1. The chambray shirt that was done (briefly) in white, is now back on the site as the "broken-in chino workshirt". Maybe I'll give it another look, as I didn't dig it too much in the chambray. It's $30 cheaper now, as well.

2. I loved my Aldridge blue suit so much (see here) that I went for the jacket in Charcoal Grey as well. For once in my life, my timing was good, as I grabbed it on a 20% off sale. Now, sadly, its only available on the dreaded final sale.

3. The charcoal/black Jaspe tee that I mentioned here has grown on me so much that I think I need to cop the marled grey as well. This is really a great tee.

2 comments:

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

Sorry to hear about your horrible weather JB! Hopefully you'll get to break out your aviators soon...maybe you should take a trip to someplace where it IS sunny so you can wear them. Just a thought....

Congrats on the new suit and I also think you should get the Jaspe tee in marled grey...no surprise there, I'm sure!

JB said...

I'm gonna get it FFM....and send you the bill !!!! ;)