Monday, June 8, 2009

How to spend $60 ?

What to do, what to do?

I took a look at my J Crew card spending for the quarter and noticed that I am 60 points away from the next rewards level. In order to get those 60 points, I need to spend $60 by the end of June (man, they know how to get me to spend, eh!). This is usually not an issue for me at J Crew, but right now I can't find anything I really like. Imagine that!

This morning I actually came across (online) a lightweight poplin shirt I was diggin, but by the time I came back to it, it was gone! One of those low-stock items I guess. J Crew is running an extra 20% off sale prices until Wednesday so the quality sale items will likely disappear quickly.

Maybe I need to hit an actual store to get some more ideas. I've been lovin' my classic-fit khakis this spring so maybe another pair of those will be worth the spend?

I was really liking the Machinst Belt they have on the always list, but when I felt it in person I was not too happy with it.

If there are any J Crew men's fans out there, I'd welcome your suggestions on how to spend this last $60.



Maybe the blue chambray....

7 comments:

tm said...

I've been eyeing the giant gingham for my bf... though I kind of just want to get it for him so I can wear it as a tunic/shirtdress, heh. :)

JB said...

I'm a fan of the gingham as well. Picked up the medium gingham last week--although I got the GAP version that was on sale for $22. It's sold out online but you may be able to find it in stores...

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

I really like the Blue Chambray shirt a lot...have you decided yet? What about something for your daughter from Crewcuts?

JB said...

I do dig that blue chambray but I have it in grey. It's a great shirt...maybe I'll do it in the blue too. My daughter's BDay is tomorrow (4!) so you have a great idea FFM. Just gotta get to a store b4 tomorrow...Thanks for your input :)

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

Hi JB! WOW...number 4 is a real milestone! My 3rd son (out of 4) will be 4 this October...it is truly AMAZING to hear the things they come up with! As for your daughter, I'm sure there are tons of things she would like from J.Crew. I know I personally love a lot of the girl Crewcuts! ;)

As for the chambray...if you have it in grey and like it, then you should go for the blue. Especially if you find yourself wearing the grey one frequently. :)

Anonymous said...

I was lookin' at that same Chambray yesterday. I'm going to buy it by the weekend... this I know. However, I originally wanted the red chambray, but I'm waiting on the re stock. Therefore, I saw some 501 denim which I noticed you like also. Heh. I picked that up, because I too am a classic levi lover. I'm mainly into 1947's or LVC 501XX. Yet the 13oz fit like a dream. $103.00 well spent might I say.

Btw this is my 1st time seeing your blog. For I stumbled upon it searching for J. Crew levi info and to show my wife a picture of the red chambray I adore so much. I took a picture of myself in the blue (chambray) one on my Blackberry and sent it to her. She liked it, and things I'll look really good in the red one then. I'm getting both. Lol. Well, let me cut my rambling short. You'll see me post replies and when my site is done I'll link you.

GODSPEED.
-A. Keness

www.twitter.com/ArcieriKeness

JB said...

AK- Thanks for stopping by! I'm so itching to pull the trigger on some 1947 LVC's.

I've pre-ordered the red chambray. Should be here next week!

Best to you-

~JB