Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Look

As my recent obessesion with J. Crew stylings and the classic Americana look goes into its 3rd (or is it 4th?) year, I've been wondering if the in-vogue again Preppy/Traditional look will fade after a few seasons, or if the look will survive for longer? Obviously, the look has survived for decades now, but I mean really survive....

J Crew has become masterful at making me believe that my purchases from them are for classic, timeless items--items that can be staples; practical across many years and trend cycles. But is this really so?

Will I be wearing the same blazers, shirts and sweaters in 3 years that today seem like wise investments?

Just as this has been on my mind lately, the NY Times ran this article yesterday.

What comes around goes around I guess. JCA reported in her blog that the rage in Paris this spring for women is MC Hammer pants! God Help Us.

No comments: